4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
2 cooked boneless chicken breasts shredded . Or rotisserie chicken.
1 package cooking long grain wild rice with seasoning packet.
1/2 teaspoon pepper-1/2 teaspoon salt.
3/4th cup all purpose flower.
1/2 cup butter.
2 cups heavy cream.
Chopped carrots and peas.
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth water and chicken. Bring just to a boiling . Then stir in rice and chopped carrots and peas. Reserve the seasoning packet, then cover and remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine salt pepper and flower.
- In medium sauce pan over medium heat melt butter.
- Stir in contents of seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in flower mixture by the tablespoon to form a roux.
- Whisk in cream mixture, a little at a time until fully incorporated and smooth, cook until thickened about 5 min.
- Stir cream mixture into broth and rice, cook over medium heat until hated through, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
TIP: If you’ve never made a roux before, look up the technique online, a video might help. Roux’s are needed in most creamy recipes. And a broken roux could mess up the whole dish.
TIP: Consider using leftover rotisserie chicken. They’re usually not much over than $5, can be used for more than one meal and save you some time preparing this soup.
Courtesy of Allrecipies.com