The Market Sprouts club mission is to inspire children to take part in their local food system, enjoy eating nutritious foods, and empower them to make healthy choices. We hope to provide an opportunity for kids to engage with local farmers and get to know where their food comes from in order to inspire a new generation of informed and healthy eaters.
Market Sprouts Assistants help set up, run Market Sprouts Kids Club activities, Sprouts Community Garden and clean up the market.
The Tigard Farmers Market is seeking one Market Sprouts Assistants to attend every market on Sundays from 7 AM to 2:30 PM. The Tigard Farmers Market starts April 23rd and goes until October 29th.
Set Up/ Clean Up
- Information Booth with tent, table, chairs and materials
- Master Gardener tent, table and chairs
- Two Pit Stops with tent, tables and chairs
- Non-profit tent, table and chairs
- Kids Sprouts booth with tent, tables and chairs
- Demo Booth with tent, tables and chairs
- Market signage
- Event set up
- Assist vendors in their set up
- Trash set up and clean up
During Market Hours
- Run Market Sprouts Kids Club
- Garden in the Sprouts Community Garden
- Promote the Market Sprouts Kids Club
- Promote the Sprouts Community Garden
- Answer questions
- Assist participants with activities
- Work at promotional events as a representative of the market
- Work the Harvest Market and Bazaar in November
- Attend Market Assistant Training (Date TBD)
Additional tasks as assigned
- Work completed outside, under a tent in varying weather conditions
- Able to lift up to 60 pounds, set-up market tent, tables, and materials
- Able to stand for 8 hours during the market.
Minimum Requirements to Apply:
- Clear and organized work habits, positive attitude, flexible
- Excellent oral and written commination skills
- Creative problem solving
- Able to work with minimal direction
- Access to reliable weekly transportation
- Basic math skills, ability to use a calculator
- Friendly, energetic and helpful personality
- Trustworthy, dependable, and responsible with money and confidential information
- Comfortable using basic technology (etc. and IPhone/ IPad)
- Education requirements- Working towards or has a high school diploma/ GED equivalent
- 16 years and older
Preferred Skills, Knowledge & Experience (Not Required)
- Bi-Lingual: Speaks Spanish & English
- Interest in community outreach
- Interest in kid’s education
- Has gardening experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com Applicants will be interviewed in March and contacted at that time.